Michelle is a self – taught, photographic artist from the UK.
Often working within surrealism or portraiture, she weaves thoughtful narratives with contrasting concepts.
Her inspiration comes from her desire to make thoughts, dreams and feelings tangible. She loves to illustrate the human psyche and uses photography for the sense of realism she achieves.
After capturing the necessary images on camera, she uses collage and photo manipulation software to weave them into her final artworks.
She has worked within different photographic industries, from the wedding industry to food photography. None of these ever satisfied her creativity in the way that fine art does.
Michelle has exhibited in her local area of East Kent and been a Nominee in the Fine Art Photography Awards.
Awards, exhibitions and publications
- 2019 Amateur Open Theme Nominee; ‘Time Thighs’: 5th Fine Art Photography Awards
- 2019 Amateur Conceptual Nominee; ‘Journey to Restoration’: 5th Fine Art Photography Awards
- 2019 Shortlisted Young Guns Art Awards
- 2019 Published: Artist Portfolio Magazine
- 2018 Amateur Conceptual Nominee; ‘The Albatross’: 4th Fine Art Photography Awards
- 2016 Pandora’s other box SKIN exhibition: ‘Dawn,’ ‘Dusk’; The Horsebridge arts centre, Whitstable, Kent
- 2015 Soil Exhibition; ‘Birth and reclamation’; The Horsebridge arts centre, Whitstable, Kent